King of the Mount
Classic 14 km
South Australia’s Highest Trail Run
Sunday 19th August
Race starts at 12:00 PM
The run utilises a dedicated summit track and separate descent track.
Enjoy a climb
You will climb relentlessly from Melrose (390 M elevation) to the summit of Mount Remarkable (960 M elevation), before plunging you straight back down again.
Keep an eye out for the old plane wreck on the scree slopes on your way down. You’ll also look out over the Willochra flood plains on your way up, with occasional glimpses across the Spencer Gulf. On a clear day you will also be able to see the Northern Flinders Ranges in the distance
Kangaroos and native birds will be your companions along the way.
This is a cup-less event
There are 3 manned aid stations along the way that will provide you with food and drinks. To minimise waste and protect the environment, we are making this a cupless event. Please ensure that you carry your own hydration system (hydration pack, hand held bottle etc).
Downloadable maps coming soon
There is a cap limit on this event. Make sure you register soon so you don’t miss out!
King of the Mount Classic14 KM Trail Run
- 3 manned aid stations with food & drinks
- Run up one of South Australia’s most well known mountains in the popular Mount Remarkable National Park
- Suitable for children & adults alike
- Discounted entry for children
- Located in Melrose, one of SA’s most popular short getaway destinations.
- This is a cup-less event – you are required to bring your own hydration method to refill at aid stations.